Criminal Injuries Compensation

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme is responsible for administering the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. This compensation is independent of any criminal proceedings. You may make an online application directly to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.

They pay compensation to eligible applicants who have been injured directly as a result of:

  • A crime of physical or sexual violence;
  • Trying to stop someone from committing a crime;
  • Trying to stop a suspect after a crime; or
  • Trying to help the police to stop someone.

If you have received compensation from the defendant as part of a court case, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme will take that into account when assessing your claim and may reduce any payment made to you by the amount you receive from the court. Receiving money from the court case does not prevent you from making a claim for compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.

To apply for the compensation scheme please click here:

Your allocated Victim Advocate can help you complete this form. 

In Jersey, you are unable to make any claim for compensation for road traffic accident-related costs or injuries sustained. Any claim should be made to your insurance company or in separate civil proceedings. A lawyer will be able to advise you on a separate civil claim, but if you need more information about this, please speak to one of the staff at Victims First Jersey. 

Need to talk or concerned about someone?
Illustration 03 Rect Flipped Image


Get in touch with us via email:

Email us
Illustration 02 Rect Image


Call our free support line:

0800 7351612

Call us